Sunday, April 20, 2008

Hidden in the shelter of God’s presence!

1 Samuel 23; Psalm 31; Psalm 54; Matthew 7
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading


Scripture

Psalm 31

19 How great is the goodness
you have stored up for those who fear you.
You lavish it on those who come to you for protection,
blessing them before the watching world.
20 You hide them in the shelter of your presence,
safe from those who conspire against them.
You shelter them in your presence,
far from accusing tongues.
21 Praise the LORD,
for he has shown me the wonders of his unfailing love.
He kept me safe when my city was under attack.
22 In panic I cried out,
“I am cut off from the LORD!”
But you heard my cry for mercy
and answered my call for help.
23 Love the LORD, all you godly ones!
For the LORD protects those who are loyal to him,
but he harshly punishes the arrogant.
24 So be strong and courageous,
all you who put your hope in the LORD!

Observation

When you were a small child did you ever hide behind your Mom or your Dad because your brother or your sister was about to beat up on you? Or have you ever had a friend that was a very tough guy that stood in front of you to protect you from someone that was about to smash your head? Oh I have! Or have you ever experienced a tragedy like the death of a loved one or a loss of a job and had friends that stood there with you during the time of loss. It was their presence in the time of trouble that meant so much to you. David says, “that God will hide us in the shelter of His presence.” He did it for David. He did it for the children of Israel and He will also hide us in the shelter of His presence. You can’t get any better protection than to be hidden in the presence of God. They were hunting for David everyday but they couldn’t find him. It is interesting that Jonathan David’s best friend had no trouble finding David, but David’s enemies had no success! Godly obedience puts us in the shelter of His presence. Disobedience moves us out from under the shelter of His presence and away from His protective love. So be strong and courageous, all you who put your hope in the Lord!

Application

It is my desire and my plan today to stay in the shelter of God’s presence today.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, help me to be as obedient and trusting as David and keep me from making a stupid mistake like he did with Bathsheba. Help me to stay pure. Help me to guard my heart. Help me to be strong and courageous. Help me to put my trust totally in you today. I pray for the men of our church that they would be strong and courageous. Do a Mighty work in our church today for your glory and for your honor. In Jesus Name Amen.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: