Sunday, April 27, 2008

Take Courage “I AM” is here!

2 Samuel 2; 1 Chronicles 11; Psalm 142; Matthew 14
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading


Scripture

Jesus Walks on Water

Matthew 14

22 Immediately after this, Jesus insisted that his disciples get back into the boat and cross to the other side of the lake, while he sent the people home. 23 After sending them home, he went up into the hills by himself to pray. Night fell while he was there alone.
24 Meanwhile, the disciples were in trouble far away from land, for a strong wind had risen, and they were fighting heavy waves. 25 About three o’clock in the morning Jesus came toward them, walking on the water. 26 When the disciples saw him walking on the water, they were terrified. In their fear, they cried out, “It’s a ghost!”
27 But Jesus spoke to them at once. “Don’t be afraid,” he said. “Take courage. I am here!”
28 Then Peter called to him, “Lord, if it’s really you, tell me to come to you, walking on the water.”
29 “Yes, come,” Jesus said.
So Peter went over the side of the boat and walked on the water toward Jesus. 30 But when he saw the strong wind and the waves, he was terrified and began to sink. “Save me, Lord!” he shouted.
31 Jesus immediately reached out and grabbed him. “You have so little faith,” Jesus said. “Why did you doubt me?”
32 When they climbed back into the boat, the wind stopped. 33 Then the disciples worshiped him. “You really are the Son of God!” they exclaimed.

Observation

What are you going through today? Take courage “I AM” is here! A few blogs back we read about David hiding in the shelter of God’s presence and today we find the disciples getting the same lesson. If you are a Christ-follower then take heart, take courage, because “I AM” is here and He will walk with you through any and every storm or circumstance. Take courage! As rough as that storm was that night it was not a problem for Jesus to walk on the water to rescue His disciples. No matter how bad it is right now for you it is not too rough or too tough for Jesus. You and I are not alone this morning. He wants to be our strength. He wants to walk through the difficult times with us. Will we let Him?

Application

I will keep my eyes on Jesus today and not on my circumstances.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, I love storms and you must love them too! I love the storms that thunder out your Greatness. I don’t like the storms that come into my life that bring grief and sadness, but you are Lord over both kinds. Help me to see you at work today in our church, in the lives of our people. I pray that our people will experience victory today. Set them free. I pray that you move in the hearts of everyone that is in our worship services. I pray that Satan would have no power or influence at church this entire day. In Jesus Name Amen.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: