Tuesday, April 01, 2008

God’s ultimate “Yes”

Judges 11; Judges 12; Psalm 50; 2 Corinthians 1
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading


Scripture

2 Corinthians 1

17 You may be asking why I changed my plan. Do you think I make my plans carelessly? Do you think I am like people of the world who say “Yes” when they really mean “No”? 18 As surely as God is faithful, my word to you does not waver between “Yes” and “No.” 19 For Jesus Christ, the Son of God, does not waver between “Yes” and “No.” He is the one whom Silas, Timothy, and I preached to you, and as God’s ultimate “Yes,” he always does what he says. 20 For all of God’s promises have been fulfilled in Christ with a resounding “Yes!” And through Christ, our “Amen” (which means “Yes”) ascends to God for his glory.

Observation

For all of God’s promises have been fulfilled in Christ with a resounding “Yes!” Christ is God’s ultimate “Yes!” Every promise that God made in scripture and He has given us several thousand they are all fulfilled in Jesus Christ! Amen! Yes!

In the verses above this passage Paul described how close to death he and his companions were while they were in the Province of Asia. Paul described that experience as overwhelming when he said, “we were crushed and overwhelmed beyond our ability to endure, and we thought we would never live through it. In fact, we expected to die. But as a result, we stopped relying on ourselves and learned to rely only on God.”

Paul learned to rely on God through those difficult situations. He learned to rely on the promises of God those promises that had been fulfilled in Christ. He learned to rely on God’s Ultimate “YES”, Jesus!

Application

The only way we learn that God is a God of all comfort and all compassion is to go through suffering. I will rely on God today and I will not rely on my own strength dealing with today’s challenges. I will rely on God’s Ultimate “YES” – JESUS! How about you?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, thank you for fulfilling all of your promises in Jesus, He is your ultimate “Yes!” I know that since you allowed Him to die for me that there is not anything that you wouldn’t do for me. You enable me to stand strong, along with so many that pray for me. Remind me of your promises today. Bring those promises to my mind every time I begin to falter or waiver. Help me to be strong in you today. You are my Mighty Fortress, my Mighty High Tower. YES! Amen!


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: