Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Follow Me…

1 Samuel 25; 1 Samuel 26; Psalm 63; Matthew 9
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading


Scripture

Matthew 9

9 As Jesus was walking along, he saw a man named Matthew sitting at his tax collector’s booth. “Follow me and be my disciple,” Jesus said to him. So Matthew got up and followed him.

Observation

Called to be a Christ-Follower, called to be a disciple this is the invitation that Christ extends to men today. Yes, it is all about a personal relationship with God through Jesus Christ, but the call is first a call to follow. The call is for us to become devoted Christ-Followers.

David had his followers as you many have read in 1 Samuel 25; 26 this morning and they were willing to die for him. In the passage this morning David asked his men who wanted to follow him right into King Saul’s camp and he had a volunteer! He probably had several volunteers even though this adventure had all the appearance of a suicide mission. They were devoted followers of David. They were willing to die for and with David. Jesus is calling us today to follow Him; He is calling us to be devoted Christ-Followers. He is calling us to lay down our lives for Him. Are you up for the challenge?

Application

I will wholeheartedly follow Jesus today.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, I agree with David when he said in Psalm 63 “I lie awake thinking of you, meditating on you through the night. Because you are my helper, I sing for joy in the shadow of your wings. I cling to you; your strong right hand holds me securely. Your unfailing love is better than life itself; how I praise you! I will praise you as long as I live, lifting up my hands to you in prayer. You satisfy me more than the richest feast. I will praise you with songs of joy. It is my desire to follow you with my whole heart. Help me not disappoint you today. In Jesus Name Amen.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: