Monday, April 07, 2008

Are You an Answer to Someone’s Prayer?

1 Samuel 1; 1 Samuel 2; Psalm 66; 2 Corinthians 7
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading


Scripture

1 Samuel 1

Hannah’s Prayer for a Son

9 Once after a sacrificial meal at Shiloh, Hannah got up and went to pray. Eli the priest was sitting at his customary place beside the entrance of the Tabernacle. 10 Hannah was in deep anguish, crying bitterly as she prayed to the LORD. 11 And she made this vow: “O LORD of Heaven’s Armies, if you will look upon my sorrow and answer my prayer and give me a son, then I will give him back to you. He will be yours for his entire lifetime, and as a sign that he has been dedicated to the LORD, his hair will never be cut.”

Observation

My grandmother or granny’s name was Hannah and I believe that I know Jesus because my granny prayed for me. I remember walking to church with my granny until she got too old and sick to walk to church. I must have gone to church with her until I was about 9 years old and then I didn’t get to go back to church on a regular basis until I met Kathy at age 17. She gave me my first Bible. It was a big Bible with lots of pictures in it almost the size of a Bible that you might be tempted to place on a coffee table. I can remember when I was very young of her talking about participating in a Billy Graham Crusade. My Mom and Dad were not Christians and I believe that I have a relationship with Christ because my Granny prayed for me and I must have been able to see Jesus in her.

Application

I want my grandchildren all 9 of them to love Jesus because of their grandparents love and witness to them. I want them to see Jesus in us.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, help me do as good with my grandchildren as my granny did in my life. I am certain that I know you because of her. Her love for you was so evident and it is what I desire for my life too. Help me to walk that close to you that I would also be a reflection of you to those around me. I pray that you give me the right words to share at the funeral service I am going to preach in just a couple of hours. I pray for Elmer Toenes and his family as they go through this time of grief. I pray for Kathy today is who must be one of the best grandmother’s this world has ever seen. I pray that you continue to use her in the lives of each one of our grandchildren. In Jesus Name. Amen.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

1 comment:

Paulette said...

You are amazing Grandparents and Parents. Your kids are very blest, I am grateful that you have always been a Godly example to your kids and granchildren. I am grateful for your Godly example to me as well!!
I love you Eddy, and Kathy I love you too!!
See you in Texas in a couple days Woo Hoo!!