Tuesday, November 25, 2008

The Bible Summed Up In Two Short Phrases …

Matthew 20; Matthew 21; Matthew 22
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading


Scripture

Matthew 22

37 Jesus replied, “You must love the LORD your God with all your heart, all your soul, and all your mind.’ 38 This is the first and greatest commandment. 39 A second is equally important: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ 40 The entire law and all the demands of the prophets are based on these two commandments.”

Observation

Have you ever tried to paraphrase a part of the Bible? Write a chapter of the Bible in your own words is not an easy assignment and trying to summarize each verse using around 10 words per verse is really hard. Jesus sums up the entire Bible with these two phrases: “You must love the LORD your God with all your heart, all your soul, and all your mind.” … and … “Love your neighbor as yourself.” If we do that then we are going to live this life just as God planned for us to live! Which one of these two needs more work today?

Application

Today I will work on loving my neighbor as myself!

Prayer

Heavenly Father, help me to show Your love to someone today. Give me the chance and don’t let me blow the opportunity to do something good for someone today. I love You Lord with all my heart, all my soul, and all my mind. Help me to show it.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: