Sunday, November 09, 2008

Can You and I Encourage People to Do This?

Job 34; 1 Corinthians 4; 1 Corinthians 5; 1 Corinthians 6
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading


Scripture

1 Corinthians 4

16 So I urge you to imitate me.

Observation

Paul told his converts to imitate him. Are we living a life so close to God that we can do the same thing? Paul was so mad at the folks at Corinth. They were a mess and Paul challenged them to imitate him. He loved them but he was so aggravated with them at the same time.

We have to live godly lives so that others around us have someone to imitate. Where will the people around you see Jesus if it is not in your life or my life?

Could someone imitate my life today? How about yours?

Application

I want to be able to tell people “to imitate me” like Paul was able to do.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, help me to be so full of Your Holy Spirit that I could tell folks to imitate my life. It is my desire for people to see Jesus in me. Examine my heart and my life show me any sin that I need to confess so I can be completely right with you. In Jesus Name Amen.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

1 comment:

Rick Morgan said...

There is a wake-up call to be very careful how you live. Is your "Christ following" worth imitating?

Men don't forget that you are the leader that your family should be imitating, thats a humbling thought that requires our attention.