Monday, November 10, 2008

Practicing the Weaker Brother Principle

Job 35; Job 36; 1 Corinthians 7; 1 Corinthians 8
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading

Scripture

1 Corinthians 8

13 So if what I eat causes another believer to sin, I will never eat meat again as long as I live—for I don’t want to cause another believer to stumble.

Observation

The weaker brother principle comes into play in those gray areas where there doesn’t seem to be a black and white, right or wrong answer. It could be ok for you but if what you are getting ready to do offends someone else then Paul says don’t do it.

This could be in the area of drinking a beer or a glass of wine, or for some even going to a theater to watch a movie. If you know that this is going to offend one of your brothers and you go ahead and do it then you have sinned. And you may have caused your weaker brother to stumble.

Application

I will focus on keeping the main thing the main thing this week. Sharing Jesus is the main thing.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, help me not to cause someone else to stumble in his or her walk with you. I want to help others grow and not cause them to fall. Give me wisdom to use my time wisely. I pray that you would put on my heart the really important things and help me not to waste time on things that don’t matter. I want to see you work Mightily in the lives of those around me.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: