Saturday, November 22, 2008

Weighted Down This Morning?

Matthew 11; Matthew 12; Matthew 13
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading


Scripture

Matthew 11

28 Then Jesus said, “Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you. Let me teach you, because I am humble and gentle at heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy to bear, and the burden I give you is light.”

Observation

All you have to do these days is to watch the news for five minutes and you will begin to feel weary and depressed. I suggest that we turn to Jesus. He says, “Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest.” Spending more time with Jesus and less time with Fox News is the remedy for a heavy heart. We would not describe what we see on TV as “Good News” would we, but Jesus is our source for Good News. He can lift us up. When we yoke ourselves with Him then our load is light. Are you weighed down this morning? If you are then you might just need to get into the yoke with Christ and quit going it alone.

Application

I will focus more on Jesus and what He is doing during this difficult economic time and less time listening to the gloom and doom reports on television.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, help me to focus more on You and Your word and less on what the world is saying. Show me new things in Your word about what You are doing in our world today. I know that you are in control even though it seems like things are out of control. I pray for our church. I pray that our people would grow strong through this time of economic trouble.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: