Tuesday, November 11, 2008

What Makes You Glad?

Psalm 122; 1 Corinthians 9; 1 Corinthians 10; 1 Corinthians 11
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading

Scripture

Psalm 122

1 I was glad when they said to me,
“Let us go to the house of the LORD.”

Observation

I love to go to church. I love going and seeing all God’s people every week. It is fun. It is very special. The family of God that meets at church on Sundays can have a closer bond with each other many times than they have with their own physical family. It is a good thing too because we are going to live forever with our spiritual family!

Paul talks about our spiritual family in 1 Corinthians and he lets us know how we should treat each other. I like what he says in 1 Corinthians 10:24 “Don’t be concerned for your own good but for the good of others.” Selfless living makes for a very wonderful church.

When I went to Cuba on a mission trip a few weeks ago one of the men in our church decided he would fix my car while I was gone. The repair turned out to be both complicated and I am sure expensive, but he was determined to get it fixed for me.

He is an example of what Paul was saying in I Corinthians 10:24 and it is guys like him that make our church a wonderful place! I have watched him grow in Christ over the past couple of years and it has been an amazing transformation.

How do you feel about going to church when Sunday comes around? Maybe you need a good dose of 1 Corinthians 10:24!

Application

I look forward to Sunday!

Prayer

Heavenly Father, thank you for allowing me to serve You. Thank You for bringing such wonderful people into my life. Bless them Lord.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: