Tuesday, November 18, 2008

God’s Power Works Best in Our Weakness!
Practice The “F.R.O.G. Principle”


Psalm 124; 2 Corinthians 11; 2 Corinthians 12; 2 Corinthians 13
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading

Scripture

2 Corinthians 12

7 even though I have received such wonderful revelations from God. So to keep me from becoming proud, I was given a thorn in my flesh, a messenger from Satan to torment me and keep me from becoming proud.
8 Three different times I begged the Lord to take it away. 9 Each time he said, “My grace is all you need. My power works best in weakness.” So now I am glad to boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ can work through me. 10 That’s why I take pleasure in my weaknesses, and in the insults, hardships, persecutions, and troubles that I suffer for Christ. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

Observation

F.R.O.G. principle = Fully Rely On God. I read that somewhere last week and I thought that it was worth remembering. When we think that we can do everything ourselves and we don’t need to rely on God that is when God can’t use us. His power works best in weakness.

Paul struggled with a “thorn in the flesh” and we don’t know what it was, but Paul said that it came from Satan. Some think that it could have been poor eyesight or some kind of eye disease. Some have even said that this phrase proves that Paul was married…it may take you a minute to make the connection! I have a great marriage and a great wife, but I have met some wives of some guys that really fit this description!

But the lesson for me this morning is that God allows me to have weaknesses in my life in order that He can show Himself powerful. You cannot do what God has called you to do on your own. If you are going to be successful in the Christian life you need to follow the F.R.O.G. principle and fully rely on God. He is all-powerful and you and I are not. We are weak so He can work His power in our lives.

"For I can do everything with the help of Christ who gives me the strength I need." Philip. 4:13

Application

“For I can do everything with the help of Christ who gives me the strength I need.” Philip. 4:13

Prayer

Heavenly Father, show me every weakness that I have so I can fully rely on you and Your Power.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: