Friday, November 07, 2008

The Overflow Of Your Life Is …?

Job 31; Job 32; Galatians 5; Galatians 6
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading


Scripture

Galatians 5

22 But the Holy Spirit produces this kind of fruit in our lives: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, and self-control. There is no law against these things!

24 Those who belong to Christ Jesus have nailed the passions and desires of their sinful nature to his cross and crucified them there. 25 Since we are living by the Spirit, let us follow the Spirit’s leading in every part of our lives.

OR

19 “When you follow the desires of your sinful nature, the results are very clear: sexual immorality, impurity, lustful pleasures, 20 idolatry, sorcery, hostility, quarreling, jealousy, outbursts of anger, selfish ambition, dissension, division, 21 envy, drunkenness, wild parties, and other sins like these….”

Observation

Have you ever heard someone say, “Yes, I know he said that or yes, I know that he did that, but really deep inside he is a very good person?” The Holy Spirit produces in us the fruit of the Spirit: “love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control”. All of us when the Holy Spirit is not in control have a heart like what Jeremiah 17:9 describes, “The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?” All of us, when the Holy Spirit is not in control of our lives follow the desires of our sinful natures … all of us!

When something other than that kind of fruit is coming out of my life or yours then we are our sinful nature control our lives. People that don’t have Christ in their lives can only be expected to follow their sinful nature. It is the only nature that they have!

But why do we have some folks that attend church every Sunday following the desires of their old sinful nature: “sexual immorality, impurity, lustful pleasures, idolatry, sorcery, hostility, quarreling, jealousy, outbursts of anger, selfish ambition, dissension, division, envy, drunkenness, wild parties, and other sins …”

It makes me wonder if they know Jesus the same way I do, or if they know the Jesus that died on the cross to set me free from my old sinful nature and my old sinful way of living.

Application

The Holy Spirit will control me and I will not give in to the desires of the flesh.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, help me be guided and controlled by your Holy Spirit. Don’t let me yield to the temptations that come my way and allow the old nature to control my life. Help me to be strong. Guide my thoughts today. I pray for our people that they would walk in victory.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

1 comment:

Rick Morgan said...

Sounds like a heart problem:
Luke 6:45  The good man brings good things out of the good stored up in his heart, and the evil man brings evil things out of the evil stored up in his heart. For out of the overflow of his heart his mouth speaks.