Saturday, November 15, 2008

What if Job Had Refused to Forgive?

Job 41; Job 42; 2 Corinthians 1; 2 Corinthians 2
Click here to read or listen to today's daily Bible reading


Scripture

My servant Job will pray for you, and I will accept his prayer on your behalf. I will not treat you as you deserve, for you have not spoken accurately about me, as my servant Job has.” 9 So Eliphaz the Temanite, Bildad the Shuhite, and Zophar the Naamathite did as the LORD commanded them, and the LORD accepted Job’s prayer.

10 When Job prayed for his friends, the LORD restored his fortunes. In fact, the LORD gave him twice as much as before!

Observation

Did you notice that Job didn’t receive the blessing of having his fortune restored until he prayed for his friends? Good thing that he didn’t stay angry with them and refuse to pray for them. It shows us how important it is to forgive and to intercede for our friends. With friends like Job had you sure don’t need any enemies, but he still prayed for them and God answered his prayers for them.

Application

I will continue to pray for people asking God to bless them.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, thank you for loving me and hearing my prayers. Thank you for showing me that I need to pray for people and that you want to work in their lives.

No comments: