Thursday, November 13, 2008

But if I Don’t Love Others …

Job 39; Job 40; 1 Corinthians 13; 1 Corinthians 14
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading


Scripture

1 Corinthians 13

1 If I could speak all the languages of earth and of angels, but didn’t love others, I would only be a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal.

2 If I had the gift of prophecy, and if I understood all of God’s secret plans and possessed all knowledge, and if I had such faith that I could move mountains, but didn’t love others, I would be nothing. 3 If I gave everything I have to the poor and even sacrificed my body, I could boast about it; but if I didn’t love others, I would have gained nothing.

4 Love is patient and kind. Love is not jealous or boastful or proud 5 or rude. It does not demand its own way. It is not irritable, and it keeps no record of being wronged. 6 It does not rejoice about injustice but rejoices whenever the truth wins out. 7 Love never gives up, never loses faith, is always hopeful, and endures through every circumstance.

Observation

It doesn’t matter how much money you have, or how much talent you have, or how successful you might think you are, if you don’t love others … you are nothing!

Bottom line … what counts is how well we love people. How are we doing putting into practice verses 4-7 of 1 Corinthians 13?

Application

I will look for the person that needs an extra dose of God’s agape love today.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, help me live out 1 Corinthians 13 today. I want to love people the way you tell me to in this chapter but I need Your help. It is not my nature to be patient and it is easy for me to be unkind. Help me be kind today and help me not to be irritable. Help me always to be hopeful and never give up. Thank you for loving me and help me love others the same way You love me.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: