Monday, November 03, 2008

The Spirit is Willing, But the Body is Weak

Job 25; Mark 13; Mark 14
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading


Scripture

Mark 14

38 Keep watch and pray, so that you will not give in to temptation. For the spirit is willing, but the body is weak.”

Observation

Jesus had asked his closest disciples to pray while he was praying a short distance away from them, but every time he returned to them he found them sleeping. He woke them up a couple of times and then was going to let them go ahead and sleep but Judas arrived with a cohort of soldiers to arrest Him.

Temptation is our biggest challenge. We are constantly being tempted and unless we are constantly in prayer and on the look out we will yield to the temptation because our bodies are weak.

I know that if I don’t stay in God’s Word and daily have time with Him that I could easily yield to temptation, which then leads to sin. Temptation is not sin, but giving in to the temptation does result in sin.

We find Peter sleeping when he should have been praying and he denied Christ three times a short time later.

Application

I will spend time every day in prayer so that I can resist temptations as they come.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, I know that I am weak but You are strong. Greater is He that is in me than he that is in the world. I pray for Your Strength today to be able to withstand the temptations that will come my way. Help me to stay focused on Your Kingdom. Show me where to walk. Amen.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: