Thursday, November 20, 2008

Where’s Your Treasure?

Matthew 5; Matthew 6; Matthew 7
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading


Scripture

Matthew 6

19 “Don’t store up treasures here on earth, where moths eat them and rust destroys them, and where thieves break in and steal. 20 Store your treasures in heaven, where moths and rust cannot destroy, and thieves do not break in and steal. 21 Wherever your treasure is, there the desires of your heart will also be.

Observation

Trillions of dollars lost in the stock market in just a few weeks shows us just how true the scriptures are when they say, “riches do have wings”! It is a reminder that our treasure needs to be stored in Heaven because it is the only safe place to put our riches.

Paul said that Jesus became poor so that we could become rich. We have the opportunity to do the same thing for other people. We can be poor so that others can find the true treasure. Christ-followers are rich! We have been given every spiritual blessing! We do not lack one thing.

I think I saw this on a T- Shirt that Scott Harding was wearing, “He who dies with the most toys still dies.” And we will leave all of our toys that we have accumulated on this earth for someone else to enjoy. We are not taking any of them with us.

Application

I plan to send my treasures on ahead of me to Heaven so they will be safe from all of our government’s bail out plans.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, help me be able to keep my focus on You and Your kingdom and help me to be generous and not so selfish. Thank you for the group of guys that I meet with every Thursday morning every week I see them growing more and more like You. Amen.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: