Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Importance of a Healthy Body!

Job 37; Job 38; 1 Corinthians 12
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading


Scripture

1 Corinthians 12

18 But our bodies have many parts, and God has put each part just where he wants it. 19 How strange a body would be if it had only one part! 20 Yes, there are many parts, but only one body. 21 The eye can never say to the hand, “I don’t need you.” The head can’t say to the feet, “I don’t need you.”
22 In fact, some parts of the body that seem weakest and least important are actually the most necessary. 23 And the parts we regard as less honorable are those we clothe with the greatest care. So we carefully protect those parts that should not be seen, 24 while the more honorable parts do not require this special care. So God has put the body together such that extra honor and care are given to those parts that have less dignity. 25 This makes for harmony among the members, so that all the members care for each other. 26 If one part suffers, all the parts suffer with it, and if one part is honored, all the parts are glad.

Observation

I hurt my back about 6 weeks ago and I found out how important it was to have a healthy body. My injured back made it so I couldn’t even walk. The pain was terrible and it affected everything. I couldn’t do the simplest task. Kathy had to take out the garbage. I still try to fake the back pain now every Tuesday and Friday trying to get her to keep taking out the trash, but she is too smart to fall for that one.

Now that my back is better I am able to get back to what I supposed to be doing. The body of Christ, the church, is the same way. When the church is healthy it can grow and prosper! It can accomplish what God intended for it to do.

Application

I will continue to focus my time and attention on the health of our church.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, I know that You love harmony and unity and it is Your desire for the body of Christ to be healthy. Every person in our church is equally as important as the other and we all need each other. Thank you for the small group that meets in our house. They are a gift from You to Kathy and I. We are blessed.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: