Thursday, July 09, 2009

Anchor For Our Souls!


Micah 1; Micah 2; Micah 3; Micah 4; Hebrews 6
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading


Scripture

Hebrews 6

…Therefore, we who have fled to him for refuge can have great confidence as we hold to the hope that lies before us. 19 This hope is a strong and trustworthy anchor for our souls. It leads us through the curtain into God’s inner sanctuary. 20 Jesus has already gone in there for us. He has become our eternal High Priest in the order of Melchizedek.

Observation

When the trouble of life comes at you do you have an anchor for your soul? This week with the death of Kathy’s Mom I have been reminded that life is short even when the person lives to be 94 years old it is still short! Our lives will come to an end and you and I need to be ready. Trouble, tragedy, and heartache will come our way and if we don’t have an anchor for our souls will be tossed and turned without hope.

My hope is in Christ. How about yours? He is my anchor. Is He your anchor? Does your soul have an anchor? If you don’t know Christ then the answer to that question is “NO”. Surrender your life to Him today. Don’t wait…today is the right time!

Application

I know that my Anchor will get us through these difficult days. Jesus is the lifter up of my head!

Prayer

Heavenly Father, I pray that Jesus would be glorified through the funeral service today. I pray that those that don’t know Christ would be drawn closer to Him today.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: