Monday, July 20, 2009

Humility = Formula for Success!

2 Chronicles 29; 2 Chronicles 30; 2 Chronicles 31; James 4
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading


Scripture

James 4

7 So humble yourselves before God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.

8 Come close to God, and God will come close to you.

Wash your hands, you sinners; purify your hearts, for your loyalty is divided between God and the world.

9 Let there be tears for what you have done. Let there be sorrow and deep grief. Let there be sadness instead of laughter, and gloom instead of joy.

10 Humble yourselves before the Lord, and he will lift you up in honor.


Observation

King Hezekiah humbled himself before the Lord and God honored him and blessed the people. He put God first and God gave him success. You can read about it in 2 Chronicles 29 in today’s reading.

Humility is the key to success. Realizing that we are not God and we need to draw close to Him. Resist the devil and he will flee from you. If you don’t resist the devil he will be all over you.

Humble yourself before the Lord this morning. Go to Him for help. Let Him be your strength. Don’t go out to face Monday in your own strength. Don’t be arrogant. Don’t be stupid. Come close to God and God will come close to you.

Application

I am resisting the Devil and I am drawing close to God today. How about you?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, I know that I cannot live this day successfully without You. I want to draw close to You today. I want You close to me. Help me resist the Devil. I don’t want to give him a foothold in my life today.

Thank You for all that You are doing in our church. I pray that you keep working in the lives of our people and that all of us will humble ourselves and seek Your face.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

2 comments:

Rick Morgan said...

Good morning, I hope that you resisted the devil and he had to flee from you.

How awesome that we can come close to God and he will be there. (verse 8)

Rick

Eddy Williams said...

We serve an Awesome God! James says that our prayers are powerful and produce wonderful results! That is what I just read this morning. Hope you are resisting the Devil too and drawing near to God.