Wednesday, July 01, 2009

Don’t Trust Mere Humans!

Isaiah 1; Isaiah 2; Isaiah 3; Titus 3
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading


Scripture

Isaiah 2

22 Don’t put your trust in mere humans.
They are as frail as breath.
What good are they?

Observation

Who or what are you putting your trust in today? If you are putting your trust in mere humans you will be disappointed. They are as frail as breath! Wow…that is pretty frail.

Where should our trust be if it is not supposed to be in another human? Hmmm…how about putting our trust in the LORD of Heaven’s Armies! Great idea! I think that He can take care of us.

There is always a temptation to trust in the things around us, like money or possessions, or people, but they are always going to let us down. Our security needs to rest in the One who created us. The One who loves us. The One who died for us. He is the Lord of Heaven’s Armies. He has all the resources to take care of all of our needs. He does not want us trusting in something else or someone else. He wants to be our Lord and our Savior.

Application

I will trust in the Lord with all my heart and I will not lean on my own understanding. In all my ways I will acknowledge Him and I will let Him direct my path.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, help me to trust in You and not in the things around me. Help me to depend and trust in you and not put my trust in people. You are the Lord of Heaven’s Armies and You are fully capable of taking care of every need that I have. I will put my trust in You.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: