Wednesday, July 22, 2009

How Long is “Forever”?

Isaiah 36; Isaiah 37; Psalm 76; 1 Peter 1
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading

Scripture

1 Peter 1

23 For you have been born again, but not to a life that will quickly end. Your new life will last forever because it comes from the eternal, living word of God. 24 As the Scriptures say,

“People are like grass;
their beauty is like a flower in the field.
The grass withers and the flower fades.
25 But the word of the Lord remains forever.”

And that word is the Good News that was preached to you.

Observation

How old do you think you will be when you die? Do you think that you will live to be 70…80…90…or even 100? Even if you did live to be 100 and you probably will not live to be that old but even if you did 100 years old is not all that old when you compare it to living “forever”. How long is “forever”? It is a long long time!
Our new life is never going to end because it comes from the eternal, living word of God.

Your body is wearing out (how did you feel when you got up out of bed this morning), but your new life in Christ will never wear out. Earth is not your home! One day you and I will give up these earth suits and we will have new bodies designed to live forever.

Peter says that since we are made for eternity that we should love each other deeply:

22 You were cleansed from your sins when you obeyed the truth, so now you must show sincere love to each other as brothers and sisters. Love each other deeply with all your heart.

Application

Nothing is more important than relationships. I will look for ways to show my love to the people around me.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, help me love people deeply and sincerely. Direct my thoughts today and show me the person(s) who needs my attention. Show me what is on Your heart and direct me where You want me to go and guide me to do things today that have eternal significance.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: