Saturday, July 04, 2009

Angels, Angels, Angels!

2 Kings 15; 2 Kings 16; Hosea 1; Hebrews 1
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading


Scripture

5 For God never said to any angel what he said to Jesus:
“You are my Son.
Today I have become your Father.”
God also said,
“I will be his Father,
and he will be my Son.”

6 And when he brought his firstborn Son into the world, God said,
“Let all of God’s angels worship him.”

7 Regarding the angels, he says,
“He sends his angels like the winds,
his servants like flames of fire.”

14 Therefore, angels are only servants—spirits sent to care for people who will inherit salvation.

Observation

Some people today seem to worship angels just like they must have been doing when God had someone write the book of Hebrews. Angels have been sent to care for us. I believe that I have an angel watching over me. They have been sent to care for those that belong to Christ!

The writer of Hebrews begins his book by showing that Christ is so much more important than Angels. He created our universe. He is also the One that sustains everything by his Mighty Power! He does it so that all creation will bring glory to God the Father. Angels are created beings created to bring glory to God just like we are supposed to do.

Application

I will worship the Creator as I go to the beach this week. And I as enjoy His wonderful creation I will give Him Praise!

Prayer

Heavenly Father, thank You for the Angel that watches over me. I know that I keep him busy. I pray that this week You help me to bring You glory and honor. I pray that You keep our entire family safe as we enjoy the beach. Thank You for creating such a beautiful place for us to enjoy. You are a Mighty Creator God! Amen.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: