Tuesday, July 07, 2009

My Health May Fail, But God Remains the Strength of My Heart!

Hosea 10; Hosea 11; Hosea 12; Psalm 73; Hebrews 4
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading

Scripture

Psalm 73

25 Whom have I in heaven but you?
I desire you more than anything on earth.
26 My health may fail, and my spirit may grow weak,
but God remains the strength of my heart;
he is mine forever.

Observation

Kathy’s Mom passed away on Monday, July 6th. The stroke had left her where she could no longer speak, but she could sing. Verse 26 reminds me of my Mother-in-law during these last days, “My health may fail, and my spirit may grow weak, but God remains the strength of my heart; he is mine forever.” She could not speak but she could sing and she sang “In the Garden”. Her health had failed but God remained the strength of her heart.

Application

I hope I can have that kind of faith during my last days on this earth!

Prayer

Heavenly Father, I pray that the godly influence of my Mother-in-law’s (Hazel Bearden) life will continue to move her family closer to Jesus!

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: