Wednesday, July 29, 2009

God is Patient For Your Sake!

Isaiah 57; Isaiah 58; Isaiah 59; Psalm 103; 2 Peter 3
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading


Scripture

2 Peter 3

8 But you must not forget this one thing, dear friends: A day is like a thousand years to the Lord, and a thousand years is like a day.

9 The Lord isn’t really being slow about his promise, as some people think. No, he is being patient for your sake. He does not want anyone to be destroyed, but wants everyone to repent.

15 And remember, the Lord’s patience gives people time to be saved…

Observation

Why does God allow evil to continue in this world? He allows it because He is patiently waiting for people to turn from their evil ways and be saved. If He got rid of evil then those evil people would be destroyed. He is giving everyone an opportunity to be saved.

Application

I will continue to pray for those that need to be saved.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, thank You for saving me. I know that You saved me so that I could share the Good News with other people. Help me be your witness today. I pray that people would come to know You through my witness. I pray for our church that it would be a light in a dark and evil world.

Psalm 103

1 Let all that I am praise the LORD;
with my whole heart, I will praise his holy name.

2 Let all that I am praise the LORD;
may I never forget the good things he does for me.

3 He forgives all my sins
and heals all my diseases.

4 He redeems me from death
and crowns me with love and tender mercies.

5 He fills my life with good things.
My youth is renewed like the eagle’s!

20 Praise the LORD, you angels,
you mighty ones who carry out his plans,
listening for each of his commands.

21 Yes, praise the LORD, you armies of angels
who serve him and do his will!

22 Praise the LORD, everything he has created,
everything in all his kingdom.

Let all that I am praise the LORD. Amen.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: