Monday, July 13, 2009

Drifting Away

Isaiah 15; Isaiah 16; Isaiah 17; Isaiah 18; Hebrews 10
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading


Scripture

Hebrews 10

24 Let us think of ways to motivate one another to acts of love and good works. 25 And let us not neglect our meeting together, as some people do, but encourage one another, especially now that the day of his return is drawing near. (NLT)

........

24 And let us consider and give attentive, continuous care to watching over one another, studying how we may stir up (stimulate and incite) to love and helpful deeds and noble activities,

25 Not forsaking or neglecting to assemble together [as believers], as is the habit of some people, but admonishing (warning, urging, and encouraging) one another, and all the more faithfully as you see the day approaching. (Amplified)

Observation

I see people drift away from church especially during the summer months and I wonder what happens to make them begin to drift. Some will wake up and come back, but others will stay away getting further and further away from the Lord and church.

It is our job not to drift away and it is our job to encourage those drifting away to get back into church by warning, urging, and encouraging.

Application

There are several drifters that I need to call this week. How about you?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, help me not to get discouraged by the lack of commitment that I see in people that are drifting away from the body of Christ. Give me the strength to stay after them until they are back faithfully serving You. Help me not to drift. Help me stay focused on the important things in my Christian life. Don’t let me drift away from my close relationship to You. Show me who I need to call today. Help me to be an encourager today.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: