Thursday, July 23, 2009

Chosen!

2 Kings 20; Isaiah 38; Isaiah 39; Psalm 75; 1 Peter 2
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading


Scripture

1 Peter 2

9 But you are not like that, for you are a chosen people. You are royal priests, a holy nation, God’s very own possession. As a result, you can show others the goodness of God, for he called you out of the darkness into his wonderful light.

Observation

How does it feel to be chosen? I know that when the kids were picking up sides to play football or baseball it always felt great to be one the first chosen to play. If you are a Christ-follower you have been chosen. Think of it the God that created this universe has chosen you. Trust me it is not because of anything that you have done that you are chosen. It is totally because of the mercy of God. It has nothing to do with you and how good you are.

We are chosen and we are God’s very own possession. We are to share the Good News of salvation with the entire world. God didn’t save you just for you to keep it to yourself. He saved us for a reason. He saved us so we can take the message of salvation to the rest of the world. Where does God want you to take his message of salvation today?

Application

I will look for the opportunity to share the Good News of Jesus Christ with someone today.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, thank You for choosing me to be one of Your children. I don’t deserve it, but I am delighted. Guide me today and show me who needs Your Good News and then give me the words to clearly share the Gospel with them.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: