Thursday, July 16, 2009

Being Satisfied In a “Happy Meal” World

Isaiah 25; Isaiah 26; Isaiah 27; Isaiah 28; Hebrews 13
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading

Scripture

Hebrews 13

5 Don’t love money; be satisfied with what you have. For God has said,

“I will never fail you.
I will never abandon you.”

6 So we can say with confidence,

“The LORD is my helper,
so I will have no fear.

What can mere people do to me?”

Observation

Our country is going through a terrible time right now, but it is not all bad. Our worship of “stuff” needs to come to an end. I don’t like the fact that we are going to be placed under a load of debt by our government, but it may help us place our dependence on the Lord.

We have grown up with the “Happy Meal” mentality, which really causes us not to be satisfied with what we have. Our nation has become notorious around the world for consuming everything on ourselves to feed our insatiable appetites for more and more stuff. Have you ever experienced a child demanding, screaming, and pitching a fit, over a “Happy Meal” or throwing a temper tantrum because you said that they couldn’t have a “Happy Meal”?

Look at the mess we have gotten ourselves into with godless living seeking to satisfy our desire to have more and more stuff. It only brings misery, not joy!

Application

I will be satisfied with what I have.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, help me to be satisfied with what I have. Don’t let me depend on the things of this world to meet my needs. I know that You will never fail me. You will never abandon me. I can say with confidence, “The LORD is my helper, I will have no fear. What can mere people do to me?” You are everything I need. Help me to be content with what I have.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: