Sunday, July 26, 2009

What a Mighty God We Serve!

Isaiah 46; Isaiah 47; Isaiah 48; Isaiah 49; 1 Peter 5
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading


Scripture

Isaiah 49

23… “Then you will know that I am the LORD.
Those who trust in me will never be put to shame.”

1 Peter 5

7 “Give all your worries and cares to God, for he cares about you.”

Observation

Isaiah talked about how stupid it was for the people to serve hand made idols. It does seem dumb to me to make something out of wood or silver and then bow down to it. I would lots rather bow down to the Creator God that created this universe and everything in it. A God that loves and cares about me!

To put our trust in God means that we turn all of our worries and cares over to Him and we can do that because He cares about us!

Application

I will give my worries and cares to God.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, I believe that You are Mightily at work in my world today. You are working in the lives of the people around me. Things that come to my mind today that are worries are going to be given to You. Help me to trust You with everything that is going to happen today. I pray that You do Mighty things in our church today. There is not anything too hard for You.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: