Friday, July 24, 2009

Equal Partners

Isaiah 40; Isaiah 41; Isaiah 42; 1 Peter 3
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading

Scripture

1 Peter 3

7 In the same way, you husbands must give honor to your wives. Treat your wife with understanding as you live together. She may be weaker than you are, but she is your equal partner in God’s gift of new life. Treat her as you should so your prayers will not be hindered.

Observation

You better treat your wife with honor and treat her like you should or your prayers will not get God’s attention. You can’t mistreat your wife and have a good relationship with your Heavenly Father.

I think the point here is that even if your spouse is not a believer you should treat them well. They may come to Christ by your behavior towards them.

Application

I will honor my wife today.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, You gave me such a great wife that it is easy to love her, honor her, and have deep respect for her. She is the best gift that you have ever given me. Thank You so much for allowing me to have her as my wife. You are so good! Bless Kathy today. Give her energy, strength, and a strong desire to please You today. Smile on her. I pray that Your face shines on her today.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

1 comment:

Rick Morgan said...

Love her just like God loved the church! YIKES! What a huge responsibility since we are mere humans.