Thursday, July 02, 2009

Hate the Sin, but Love the Sinner!

Isaiah 4; Isaiah 5; Psalm 115; Psalm 116; Jude 1
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading

Scripture

Jude 1

22 And you must show mercy to those whose faith is wavering. 23 Rescue others by snatching them from the flames of judgment. Show mercy to still others, but do so with great caution, hating the sins that contaminate their lives.

Observation

We are in the rescue business! I don’t know about you but it is hard to hate the sin, but love the sinner. I get so aggravated at the destruction that the person’s sin is causing that I have a hard time not feeling the same way about the person as I do about their sin. It is hard.

I have someone that is a secret alcoholic, or at least he thinks it is a secret. And this person has been very hard to help. He will not admit that he has a problem. He denies that he drinks at all. It is sad. He is losing so much by refusing to admit he has a problem. If he would only admit it then he could begin to walk in victory.
In the mean time we have to show mercy, but hating the sin that is contaminating his life. It is hard to do.

Application

I will continue to ask God to help me to love the sinner while I hate the sin.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, give me Your heart of love for unlovely people. I pray that this particular person would quit blaming other people for his problems and I pray that he would admit that he needs help so You can bless him and help him. Don’t let him continue to harm others while he lives in denial.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: