Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Early In The Morning!

Daniel 7; Daniel 8; Psalm 137; Luke 4
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading

Early In The Morning!

Scripture

Luke 4

Jesus Continues to Preach

42 Early the next morning Jesus went out to an isolated place. The crowds searched everywhere for him, and when they finally found him, they begged him not to leave them. 43 But he replied, “I must preach the Good News of the Kingdom of God in other towns, too, because that is why I was sent.” 44 So he continued to travel around, preaching in synagogues throughout Judea.

Observation

Early in the morning was probably the only time that Jesus could find when He could be alone to pray. I believe it was a habit for Him to get away to an isolated place so He could pray to His Heavenly Father. He didn’t have a home of His own where He could go into a room all by Himself, no He had to go out and find an isolated place where He could be alone.

Where is your isolated place? Where do you go to have your quiet time?

Where do you go to read your Bible everyday? My isolated place is in the living room. It is my place where I go everyday to read God’s word. I read the Bible every morning from my computer. All I have to do is turn it on and with two clicks of the mouse I am at exactly the place where I left off the day before. I look forward to seeing what is going to happen next in God’s word every time I come to my isolated place. God meets me here every morning. Do you have an isolated place? A place where you go to meet God every morning?

If I were to ask you in the afternoon or evening what you read during your quiet time would you be able to tell me what you read? Maybe you read your Bible that morning, but you couldn’t remember what you read by that afternoon if that happens to you let me suggest that you do what I do. Write something everyday about what you read. Like I am doing this morning. You know that I use the S.O.A.P. format for my daily Bible reading. I have been doing this for over 3 years now and it has been a huge help for my devotional time. I highly recommend you doing something similar!

Application

I will memorize a verse this week about the importance of time alone with God.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, I am in my isolated place but I am not alone. I know that You are here with me and I know that You are delighted that I am here to spend time with You. Help me today reflect to others how much I love You. May it be obvious to them that Jesus is my Lord and Savior.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: