Thursday, September 02, 2010

God's Heart is Always For Redemption!

Ezekiel 17; Ezekiel 18; Ezekiel 19; Revelation 7

Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading

God’s Heart is Always For Redemption!

Scripture

Ezekiel 18

23 “Do you think that I like to see wicked people die? says the Sovereign Lord. Of course not! I want them to turn from their wicked ways and live.

Observation

God is not up in Heaven just waiting for us to make a mistake so He can zap us. He doesn’t want to destroy the wicked either. His heart’s desire for them is for them to repent and turn from their wicked ways.

You can see God’s heart clearly in this verse, “The Lord isn't really being slow about his promise to return, as some people think. No, he is being patient for your sake. He does not want anyone to perish, so he is giving more time for everyone to repent.” 2 Peter 3:9

Why does He allow evil to continue in this world? The answer is found in the verse above, “He does not want anyone to perish, so He is giving more time for everyone to turn from sin and self (repent).”

Application

We will continue to live in an evil world. God will continue to give people a chance to turn and repent until He decides to return for His church. When He returns for His church then it is all over for the wicked and all over for the evil we now experience all around us. We live in a broken world, that is under decay and we live in decaying bodies that are continuously breaking down, it is the sad truth. The good news is that Jesus has overcome this world! So be of good cheer! I will praise God for allowing me the strength and the health to serve Him today.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, I know that we live in a fallen world. This world is broken. It is under decay just like our bodies are and destruction is all around us. You are our hope. And we depend on You to get us through. In this world we will have trouble, but You tell us to be of good cheer because Jesus has overcome this world. As I go through this day I realize that there is victory even in the midst of the brokenness and decay. You are the Mighty God. You will get us through. Nothing is too hard for You. I put my trust and my faith in You. Help me see the big picture today as I experience brokenness all around me. Help me see You in the midst of all of it.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: