Wednesday, September 01, 2010

Desperate for God

Ezekiel 15; Ezekiel 16; Psalm 70; Revelation 6
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading

Desperate for God

Scripture

Psalm 70

5 But as for me, I am poor and needy;
please hurry to my aid, O God.
You are my helper and my savior;
O LORD, do not delay.

Observation

Reading Ezekiel this morning I found a people that had turned their backs on God. They had turned to idols and Israel had prostituted itself with the surrounding nations. They had even gone as far as offering their own children as human sacrifices to the gods of the surrounding nations. God was speaking through His prophet about how He would punish and destroy them for their unfaithfulness.
David, in contrast to what we find in Ezekiel, is hungry for God. He humbly comes to God and cries out for his help. He is an example for us today. Do you hunger for God? Did you get up this morning thinking about God? Were you thinking about God before you even got out of the bed? Were you thinking about God when you went to bed and were your last thoughts before falling a sleep about Him?

Praying without ceasing is what I am talking about and my question to you this morning is, are you crying out to God? Are you poor and needy this morning or do you have everything under control and don’t need God’s help?

Application

I will cry out to my God this morning because I am poor and needy. How about you?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, I am poor and needy; please hurry to my aid, O God. You are my helper and my savior; O LORD, do not delay. Thank You for hearing my prayers and coming to my aid. You are a Mighty God. You are my Savior and my Lord.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: