Friday, September 03, 2010

What Happens to Our Prayers?

Ezekiel 20; Ezekiel 21; Psalm 111; Revelation 8
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading


What Happens to Our Prayers?

Scripture

Revelation 8

3 Then another angel with a gold incense burner came and stood at the altar. And a great amount of incense was given to him to mix with the prayers of God’s people as an offering on the gold altar before the throne. 4 The smoke of the incense, mixed with the prayers of God’s holy people, ascended up to God from the altar where the angel had poured them out. 5 Then the angel filled the incense burner with fire from the altar and threw it down upon the earth; and thunder crashed, lightning flashed, and there was a terrible earthquake.

Observation

Does God love to hear you pray? You bet He does! In fact, He saves the prayers of His people. I hope some of my prayers have been worth Him saving. How about you? I guess if our prayers are filled with give me, give me, give me then I would think that those prayers would probably experience the “delete button”, but there are prayers that God hears and values so much that He saves them. Amazing!
Will He save the prayers that we pray today or will He toss them? Are our prayers filled with praise and thanksgiving? If they are then I believe that God will save them and I believe that He will probably also save prayers of someone that comes to Him with a broken and contrite heart and pleads with God on the behalf of someone else. I can’t imagine God saving our prayers that are filled with selfish requests from insincere hearts.

Application

As I pray today I will pray knowing that God loves to hear me pray when I pray to Him out of a sincere heart.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, I am amazed that You save our prayers. Like a Mother that saves the artwork that her children make in school You save our prayers that we make to You. You are an awesome God. I pray that my thoughts and prayers today would be from a sincere heart and as You hear my prayers I pray that they would make You smile. Help me pray prayers that reflect my deep love for You and a real love for those around me. Help me lead my people with integrity of heart. Give me Your eyes and Your heart for those around me today.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: