Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Spiritual Warfare

Daniel 9; Daniel 10; Psalm 123; Luke 5
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading

Spiritual Warfare

Scripture

Daniel 10

12 Then he said, “Don’t be afraid, Daniel. Since the first day you began to pray for understanding and to humble yourself before your God, your request has been heard in heaven. I have come in answer to your prayer. 13 But for twenty-one days the spirit prince of the kingdom of Persia blocked my way. Then Michael, one of the archangels, came to help me, and I left him there with the spirit prince of the kingdom of Persia. 14 Now I am here to explain what will happen to your people in the future, for this vision concerns a time yet to come.”

20 He replied, “Do you know why I have come? Soon I must return to fight against the spirit prince of the kingdom of Persia, and after that the spirit prince of the kingdom of Greece will come. 21 Meanwhile, I will tell you what is written in the Book of Truth. (No one helps me against these spirit princes except Michael, your spirit prince.

Observation

Do you believe in spiritual warfare? Daniel got a first hand lesson in spiritual warfare. Daniel humbled himself and prayed and God answered his prayer immediately, but the spirit prince of the kingdom of Persia blocked God’s messenger for twenty-one days from delivering God’s message. The fight was so fierce that the archangel Michael had to come help this messenger. He told Daniel that he had to go back and fight the spirit prince of Persia after he finished delivering his message to Daniel.

I wonder what kind of spiritual battles are going on all around us this morning! I know that the real stuff happens all around us in the kingdoms that we can’t see. There are principalities and powers and spiritual realms that surround us and I know we have angels that are doing battle for us.

I love what the angel tells Daniel about how God feels about him and he repeats it several times, “Daniel, you are very precious to God.”

I believe that is the way God feels about me too. How about you?

Application

Because I believe that spiritual warfare is real I will stay close to God today. I will depend on Him to protect my family and me.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, I know that You hear my prayers and I know that when I pray according to Your will I know that You will respond to my requests. Thank You for protecting me. Thank You for providing for me and for taking care of my family. I pray that Your hand would be on our church. I pray that Your hand would be on my family and me. I know that there is spiritual warfare being waged all around me. I know how important it is to pray to You today. I want to live this day in a way that will make You proud of me. I want You to have reason to think that I am precious to You.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: