Sunday, September 19, 2010

Plenty to Ponder!

Ezekiel 47; Ezekiel 48; Luke 2
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading


Plenty to Ponder!

Scripture

Luke 2

The Boy Jesus at the Temple

41 Every year his parents went to Jerusalem for the Feast of the Passover. 42 When he was twelve years old, they went up to the Feast, according to the custom. 43 After the Feast was over, while his parents were returning home, the boy Jesus stayed behind in Jerusalem, but they were unaware of it. 44 Thinking he was in their company, they traveled on for a day. Then they began looking for him among their relatives and friends. 45 When they did not find him, they went back to Jerusalem to look for him. 46 After three days they found him in the temple courts, sitting among the teachers, listening to them and asking them questions. 47 Everyone who heard him was amazed at his understanding and his answers. 48 When his parents saw him, they were astonished. His mother said to him, "Son, why have you treated us like this? Your father and I have been anxiously searching for you."

Observation

Mary and Joseph traveled a full day without missing their son Jesus. Then they turned around and it took them 3 days to find Him in Jerusalem. When they did find Him in the temple Jesus seemed surprised that they were anxious about His being lost.

I like where it says at the end of the passage that Mary pondered/treasured all of these things in her heart! I bet she did a lot of pondering/treasuring don’t you? Can you imagine when she began to watch Jesus perform miracles what she must have thought? Scriptures seem to indicate that Mary and Jesus’ brothers and sisters did not believe that He was the Messiah at first. Do you remember when they went to get Jesus because they thought He was out of His mind? I bet Mary pondered and treasured things 24/7 don’t you?

49 "Why were you searching for me?" he asked. "Didn't you know I had to be in my Father's house?" 50 But they did not understand what he was saying to them.
51 Then he went down to Nazareth with them and was obedient to them. But his mother treasured all these things in her heart. 52 And Jesus grew in wisdom and stature, and in favor with God and men.

Application

Mary treasured in her heart what she watched happen with Jesus. I will treasure in my heart everything that I see God doing in the lives of His people that make up our church.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, it is my desire to treasure what You are doing in the lives of those around me. Nothing is more important than what is happening within Your kingdom and Your kingdom is all around me in those that call themselves Christians. Help me to treasure today what I see happening in the lives of Your saints. I pray that Your Hand would be on our church today. I pray for Bruce and Heather. I pray that You use them in a mighty way to many for Christ.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: