Sunday, September 05, 2010

Israel Today

Ezekiel 25; Ezekiel 26; Ezekiel 27; Ezekiel 28; Revelation 10
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading


Israel Today

Scripture

Ezekiel 28

25 “This is what the Sovereign LORD says: The people of Israel will again live in their own land, the land I gave my servant Jacob. For I will gather them from the distant lands where I have scattered them. I will reveal to the nations of the world my holiness among my people. 26 They will live safely in Israel and build homes and plant vineyards. And when I punish the neighboring nations that treated them with contempt, they will know that I am the LORD their God.”

Observation

Usually I don’t give the nation of Israel much thought because I believe that we that accept Christ have become the new Israel, but when I read the Old Testament and especially what the prophets say about Israel I have to think that they still have a special place in the heart of God.

All the other nations that messed with Israel that we read about in this chapter they no longer exist and yet Israel has once again become a nation. Nations today that are friends with Israel seem to be blessed just as what God promised in scripture and those that mess with Israel and seek its destruction are struggling.
It seems like even for the most part they don’t deserve it that God is continuing to bless the nation of Israel, but He does the same thing with His children too. We are the apples of His eye, but we don’t deserve it. We are sinners and we don’t deserve His love and His affection. So if He wants to continue to bless the small nation of Israel why should it bother me. I sure want Him to continue to bless and care for my family and me.

Application

I read in the Old Testament and I am amazed at God’s patience with the nation of Israel, but I give Him thanks and praise that He is also very patient with me.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, thank You for not giving me what I deserve. If You continue to bless the nation of Israel what concern is that to me. You are the mighty God. You chose Israel to be Your children, and You planned long ago that the Messiah would come from that nation. It was through them that Jesus came and I have salvation and eternal life because of Him. I don’t deserve any of it. I deserve Hell, but You have given me Heaven. Thank You for giving me what I don’t deserve. Help me share Your love with others that need a relationship with You. Help our church look outward to a world that needs You today.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: