Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Anyone Whose Name Was Not Found Recorded In The Book Of Life Was Thrown Into The Lake Of Fire


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

Anyone Whose Name
Was Not Found Recorded In The Book Of Life
Was Thrown Into The Lake Of Fire

Is your name recorded in the Book of Life? Are you 10% sure, 50% sure, 70%, or a 100% sure? Hell is a very real place. We don’t just cease to exist. We are going to either Heaven or Hell when we die.


Scripture

Revelation 20

14 Then death and the grave were thrown into the lake of fire. This lake of fire is the second death. 15 And anyone whose name was not found recorded in the Book of Life was thrown into the lake of fire.

Observation

Is your name recorded in the Book of Life? Are you 10% sure, 50% sure, 70%, or a 100% sure?

Hell is a very real place. We don’t just cease to exist when we die. We are going to either Heaven or Hell when we die.

A young man once told me that he was going to go to Hell when he died. I had just asked him the question, “If you were to die today where would you spend Eternity? His wife Sheila had visited our church when Kathy and I were serving at First Baptist Brandon and the following week I went to their house because I wanted to talk to her husband Greg.

I told Greg, “Do you realize what you are saying? You are saying that when you die you will be forever separated from your wife Sheila and from your son Greg Jr.” We talked a few more minutes. I gave him a Gospel tract and told him I would be back the next week to see if he had any questions about the tract that I had left with him. And he went back inside his house.

The next week I returned to talk to Greg again and this is what he said,

“Eddy, I want you to know that after you left I could not stop thinking about what you said. I couldn’t stop thinking about being separated forever from my family. I was scared. I couldn’t sleep for days. Finally I got up and I fell to my knees and I asked Jesus Christ to save me.” The last time I heard from Greg he was serving the Lord as a pastor of a local church. He and his wife Sheila were serving the Lord together.

Hell is a real place. It is a terrible place where you will be Eternally separated from your loved ones that know the Lord Jesus Christ.

 So I will ask you again, “Is your name recorded in the Book of Life? Are you 10% sure, 50% sure, 70%, or a 100% sure?”

Application

I will share the Good News with everyone that I can. The Good News that Hell is a real place but you don’t have to end up there.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, bring more people into my life like Greg that need to hear the Good News. Open their hearts to Your Gospel. Help them to understand that they are lost and that they need a Savior. Help them to trust Christ and receive Eternal Life. You are Lord. Nothing is too hard for You.


Daily Bible Reading:  Ezekiel 38,39; Psalms 145; Revelation 20




Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: