Friday, September 04, 2015

How Can I Know All The Sins Lurking In My Heart?


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

How Can I Know
All The Sins
Lurking In My Heart? 

I have a friend that was in Seminary the same time that I was. Our families were very close. This friend of mine served on a church staff while we were in school preparing for the ministry and we both felt that God had called us. He did not take care of his marriage. He became involved with another woman and then other women and over the years has gone from living with one woman to yet another. I ask myself all the time, “How did that happen to him?” 

Scripture

Psalm 19

12 How can I know all the sins lurking in my heart?
    Cleanse me from these hidden faults.


13 Keep your servant from deliberate sins!
    Don’t let them control me.
Then I will be free of guilt
    and innocent of great sin.

14 May the words of my mouth
    and the meditation of my heart
be pleasing to you,


    O Lord, my rock and my redeemer.


Observation

Lurking, it was the word that caught my attention as I read this Psalm! The sins lurking in my heart and the sins lurking in your heart that are hiding waiting to destroy us and will do just that if we don’t confess them and change the direction of our lives back to God.

David says in verse 13, “Keep your servant from deliberate sins! Don’t let them control me.”

Once we say, “yes” to sin and we continue to deliberately sin then that sin controls us. And if we don’t confess that sin and turn back to God then that sin allows sins to control and ultimately destroy us.

God’s Holy Spirit desires to be in control of our lives.
No matter how far we have let sin control the way we are living we can still repent and turn back to God.

I have a friend that was in Seminary the same time that I was. Our families were very close. This friend of mine served on a church staff while we were in school preparing for the ministry and we both felt that God had called us. 

He did not take care of his marriage.

He became involved with another woman and then other women and over the years has gone from living with one woman to yet another. He doesn’t even seem to care about seeing his kids or his grandkids anymore. Evidently he just doesn’t care about his family anymore.

I ask myself all the time, “How did that happen to him?”

Sin is lurking in our hearts. It is waiting to destroy us.

Left unchecked sin will destroy your marriage, your family, your ministry, and the life that God has planned for you. Oh, how I hurt for this friend of mine. I hurt even more for his wife, his children and grandchildren.

What sin is lurking in your heart? What sin is lurking in mine?

Lets not let sin control and destroy us!

Even today if my friend would turn from his sin and get himself right with God I believe that his wife would be willing to have him back. She has never remarried and I believe that she would take him back if he came back a broken, humbled, and a changed man.


Application

I will ask the Lord to show me any sin that is lurking in my heart. How about you?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, I know that I am no different than my friend. We are both sinners. I pray for him today and I know that it is never too late for him to change. Open his eyes. Open his heart. Give him the ability to see sin for what it is and help him to repent.

I pray for men today that might be close to stepping over the line. And I pray for men today that have stepped over the line. Don’t let sin destroy them. Don’t let them keep going in the direction that they are headed.

Keep me from deliberate sins. Don’t let them control me. May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing to you.

Daily Bible Reading:  Ezekiel 22,23,24; Revelation 9; Psalms 17-20


> If you are reading this simple blog this morning you are an encouragement to me!



Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: