Sunday, September 20, 2015

They Saw The Fingers Of A Human Hand Writing On The Plaster Wall Of The King’s Palace


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

They Saw The Fingers
Of A Human Hand
Writing On The Plaster Wall Of The King’s Palace

 “He saw the handwriting on the wall.” We hear that saying from time to time when some company or organization is about to get fired and he quits before they can fire or get rid of him. I guess Daniel 5 is where that comes from.

Scripture

Daniel 5

[5] At that very moment they saw the fingers of a human hand writing on the plaster wall of the king's palace, near the lampstand. The king himself saw the hand as it wrote, [6] and his face turned pale with fear. Such terror gripped him that his knees knocked together and his legs gave way beneath him. 

Observation

“He saw the handwriting on the wall.” We hear that saying from time to time when some company or organization is about to get fired and he quits before they can fire or get rid of him. I guess Daniel 5 is where that comes from.

King Belshazzar was hard headed. During his father’s reign, King Nebuchadnezzar, God had to teach his Dad a drastic lesson on humility

Daniel 5

[20] But when his heart and mind were hardened with pride, he was brought down from his royal throne and stripped of his glory. [21] He was driven from human society. He was given the mind of an animal, and he lived among the wild donkeys. He ate grass like a cow, and he was drenched with the dew of heaven, until he learned that the Most High God rules the kingdoms of the world and appoints anyone he desires to rule over them. 

    [22] "You are his successor, O Belshazzar, and you knew all this, yet you have not humbled yourself.

So King Belshazzar saw the actual handwriting on the wall and his life was taken that very night!
And Daniel moved up to the third highest position in the land! 

Don’t wait until you see the handwriting on the wall to humble yourself and seek God with all of your heart!

Application

I will make sure this morning that God is number One in my life. I will ask Him to take His place on the throne of my heart. How about you?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, You are King of Kings and Lord of Lords! You are All Powerful! I realize that I am nothing without You. Show me if there is anything in my life that is taking Your place. Don’t let me be hard headed. Show me when I am messing up so that I can repent and turn back to You. Don’t let me yield to stupid sins. Don’t let me doing anything that will make You sad. You are the Lord of my life. I give You Praise!


Daily Bible Reading:  Daniel 5,6; Psalms 130; Luke 3;




Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: