Tuesday, September 22, 2015

“Lord,” He Said, ‘If You Are Willing, You Can Heal Me And Make Me Clean.” Jesus Reached Out And Touched Him. “I Am Willing,” He Said. “Be Healed!”


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

“Lord,” He Said,
‘If You Are Willing, You Can Heal Me And Make Me Clean.”
Jesus Reached Out And Touched Him. “I Am Willing,” He Said. “Be Healed!”

This morning in my daily Bible reading there were so many things that I could have said something about. I hope that you are taking the time to read God’s Word everyday. I hope that you have a reading plan that helps you consistently be in His Word.  Are you sick? Do you know someone who is sick? I think this man’s words to Jesus make a good model for us to use in our prayers for healing.


Scripture

Luke 5

12 In one of the villages, Jesus met a man with an advanced case of leprosy. When the man saw Jesus, he bowed with his face to the ground, begging to be healed. “Lord,” he said, “if you are willing, you can heal me and make me clean.”

13 Jesus reached out and touched him. “I am willing,” he said. “Be healed!” And instantly the leprosy disappeared.

Observation

This morning in my daily Bible reading there were so many things that I could have said something about. I hope that you are taking the time to read God’s Word everyday and I hope that you have a reading plan that helps you be consistent.

That is why I started doing this blog in 2006 (http://tampabaptistchurch.blogspot.com/). 

I heard a Pastor named Wayne Cordeiro talk about life journaling using the S.O.A.P. Each day I take a Scripture from that day’s reading, then I write an Observation about it, then I decide on an Application, and then I write a simple Prayer to pray what I have learned back to God. S.O.A.P.

Why don’t you try it? If you start doing a life journal using the S.O.A.P. method and if you put it up on the Internet somewhere please let me know because I would love to read it. 

I love the encounter that Jesus had with this man who had advanced leprosy. A person with leprosy would be considered unclean and the man had to keep his distance from people and was a social outcast. This man knew that Jesus could heal him if Jesus was willing to do it. 

I love this! Jesus reached out and touched him. “I am willing, He said. “Be healed!” 

Are you sick? Do you know someone who is sick? I think this man’s words to Jesus make a good model for us to use in our prayers for healing. 

Lord, if You are willing I know that You can heal!

Application

I will use this prayer for those that are sick and for those who need Jesus to heal their relationships and their marriages.

Prayer

Lord, if You are willing I know that You can heal. You can heal the broken relationships and the marriages that cause me to be sad. You can heal those who physically seem beyond the point of recovery. I personally know that You can do that because You brought me back from death to life. Don’t let me give up praying for people. I am counting on You. You are the only Hope they have whether they know that or not! 

           
Daily Bible Reading:  Daniel 9,10; Psalms 123; Luke 5



Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: