Thursday, September 24, 2015

“Are You The Messiah We’ve Been Expecting, Or Should We Keep Looking For Someone Else?”


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

“Are You The Messiah We’ve Been Expecting,
Or
Should We Keep Looking For Someone Else?”

Pope Francis’ visit to the US is dominating World News at the moment and thousands of people are trying to get close to the Pope! Kathy made this comment to me a few minutes ago about all of the commotion about the Pope’s visit, she said, “Well it shows you that a lot of people are searching for something!” And I agree with her! I don’t have any reason to criticize the Pope or anyone that might have a desire to be close to him. But I will say this.

Scripture

Luke 7

20 John’s two disciples found Jesus and said to him, “John the Baptist sent us to ask, ‘Are you the Messiah we’ve been expecting, or should we keep looking for someone else?’”

Observation

Pope Francis’ visit to the US is dominating World News at the moment and thousands of people are trying to get close to the Pope! Kathy made this comment to me a few minutes ago (as I was reading my daily Bible reading) about all of the commotion about the Pope’s visit, she said, “Well it shows you that a lot of people are searching for something!” And I agree with her!

I don’t have any reason to criticize the Pope or anyone that might have a desire to be close to him.

But I will say this.

People are searching today for something! And that something they are searching for is a Someone and His name is Jesus! Someone (that is you and me) needs to share Jesus with them!

Now if Billy Graham were younger and had the ability to visit Tampa I would probably be out in a crowd trying to see him. Not because he was a messiah but because I greatly admire him for his walk with Christ.

The truth is that you and I as followers of the Lord Jesus Christ have Hope! We don’t need to keep looking for anyone else! He is our Hope. He is our Salvation! He is all that we need!  

16 Great fear swept the crowd, and they praised God, saying, “A mighty prophet has risen among us,” and “God has visited his people today.” 17 And the news about Jesus spread throughout Judea and the surrounding countryside. Luke 7:16-17

At this same time John the Baptist was in prison and was evidently having some doubts about whether Jesus was the long awaited Messiah and so he sent two of his disciples to double check with Jesus. Jesus sent them back with this answer, 

“Go back to John and tell him what you have seen and heard—the blind see, the lame walk, the lepers are cured, the deaf hear, the dead are raised to life, and the Good News is being preached to the poor.  And tell him, ‘God blesses those who do not turn away because of me.” Luke 7:22-23

Application

I will look for opportunities to share the Good News about Jesus Christ. How about you?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, I pray that You use the Pope’s visit to our country to somehow further Your Kingdom and Your agenda. We realize that no world leader comes to power by his or her strength alone. You put world leaders in positions of power and You take them down. You are totally in control of world events. I pray that those crowds of people who are searching for something will find their hope in Jesus.


Daily Bible Reading:  Ezra 1; Psalms 84,85; Luke 7



Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: