Thursday, September 17, 2015

Worship Only God!


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

Worship
Only
God!

Turn my heart toward your statutes and not towards selfish gain. Turn my eyes away from worthless things

Scripture

Revelation 22

I, John, am the one who heard and saw all these things. And when I heard and saw them, I fell down to worship at the feet of the angel who showed them to me. But he said, “No, don’t worship me. I am a servant of God, just like you and your brothers the prophets, as well as all who obey what is written in this book. Worship only God!”

Observation

    Direct me in the path of your commands,
        for there I find delight.
    [36] Turn my heart toward your statutes
        and not toward selfish gain.
    [37] Turn my eyes away from worthless things;
        preserve my life according to your word.  Psalm 119:35-37

Everyday when we wake up our Monday night life group has the assignment to read these verses back to God out loud.

There are so many worthless things that our eyes can worship that can turn our hearts away from God.

Have you opened up God’s word this week? Maybe reading Psalm 119:35-37 everyday this week out loud would keep us all heading the right direction this week.

I love how John ends Revelation 22:

20 He who is the faithful witness to all these things says, “Yes, I am coming soon!”
Amen! Come, Lord Jesus!

Application

I will read Psalm 119:35-37 everyday this week out loud to the Lord. How about you? Will you worship Him?

Prayer

Heavenly Father,

DIRECT ME IN THE PATH OF YOUR COMMANDS,
FOR THERE I FIND DELIGHT.

TURN MY HEART TOWARD YOUR STATUTES
AND NOT TOWARD SELFISH GAIN.

TURN MY EYES AWAY FROM WORTHLESS THINGS;
PRESERVE MY LIFE ACCORDING TO YOUR WORDS.

Psalm 119:35-37


Daily Bible Reading:  Ezekiel 42,43,44; Revelation 22;




Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: