Friday, September 11, 2015

He (God) Controls The Course Of World Events; He Removes Kings And Sets Up Other Kings.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

He (God) Controls The Course Of World Events;
He Removes Kings
And Sets Up Other Kings. 

Just in case this Presidential race is making you nervous I thought I would remind you Who removes Kings (or Presidents) and Who sets up Kings (or Presidents). Personally I can’t imagine our country being under the leadership of a Donald Trump or a Hillary Clinton. Sorry folks I am sure that some of you think that they would do a good job and maybe you plan to vote for one of them, but I hope it doesn’t come down to one of them actually winning.

Scripture

Daniel 2

 “Praise the name of God forever and ever,
    for he has all wisdom and power.
21 He controls the course of world events;
    he removes kings and sets up other kings.
He gives wisdom to the wise
    and knowledge to the scholars.
22 He reveals deep and mysterious things
    and knows what lies hidden in darkness,
    though he is surrounded by light.
23 I thank and praise you, God of my ancestors,
    for you have given me wisdom and strength.



Observation

Just in case this Presidential race is making you nervous I thought I would remind you Who removes Kings (or Presidents) and Who sets up Kings (or Presidents). Personally I can’t imagine our country being under the leadership of a Donald Trump or a Hillary Clinton. Sorry folks I am sure that some of you think that they would do a good job and maybe you plan to vote for one of them, but I hope it doesn’t come down to one of them actually winning.

Lord, give us someone in the Oval office that looks to You for guidance and acknowledges You as Lord of his or her life!

But the point that I am trying to make (and I am not trying to tell you who to vote for) is that God ultimately sets up world leaders and God also takes them down. He does that because He controls world events. He has a plan for this world and He will work out His plan.

Knowing the simple fact that God is Sovereign and that He is the only One that is totally in control helps me keep my sanity in this crazy world that seems to be spinning faster and faster out of control.

The Lord has set his throne in heaven, and his kingdom rules over everything. Psalm 103:19
                       
Application

As our country seems to be moving farther and farther away from the One true God I will hold on to every one of His Promises. How about you?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, I pray for those leading our country. I pray for our President. Give him wisdom. Guide him. Help him. I pray for a godly person to rise up and lead our country. I know that You God are in control. You plan world events. Nothing, not even this Presidential election is a surprise to You. Move in the hearts of people to elect a godly leader to lead our country. God if that is not in Your plan then help us Christ followers to live godly lives in the midst of whatever craziness les ahead.

I pray for my granddaughter Sierra on her birthday today. God bless her. May Your face shine on her. Protect her from the evil one. Help her to make good choices as she starts middle school. Give her good Christian friends. Bless her Mom and Dad as they try to raise her and her brother Louie. Give her parents godly wisdom.


Daily Bible Reading:  Daniel 1,2; Revelation 16



Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: