Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Seek The Kingdom Of God Above All Else, And He Will Give You Everything You Need


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

Seek The Kingdom Of God
Above All Else,
And He Will Give You Everything You Need

Every week after Kathy and I volunteer at Mission Tampa our conversation on the way home is about the situations of those we talked with. We have the awesome privilege of sharing Christ and the Word of God with so many people each week through this ministry. Kathy and I always talk about the tremendous needs that these people face. Oh my goodness we could write a book!

Scripture


Luke 12

31 Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and he will give you everything you need.

Observation

Every week after Kathy and I volunteer at Mission Tampa our conversation on the way home is about the situations of those we talked with. We have the awesome privilege of sharing Christ and the Word of God with so many people each week through this ministry.

On Monday mornings we serve at Cook’s Hat which is a food pantry operated by Mission Tampa. The people that come to Cook’s Hat come for emergency food and that provides us with the opportunity of sharing the Bread of Life with them.

On our way home from serving at the food pantry Kathy and I always talk about the tremendous needs that these people face. Oh my goodness we could write a book!

Since we talk to people on Monday mornings the first thing that I usually ask them is this, “Did you get a chance to go to church yesterday?” Their answer to that question helps me discern a lot about the circumstances that they share with me in the moments that follow.

As they share with me about broken relationships, homelessness, terrible abuse, sickness, addictions of every kind, etc. I do my best to point them to the answer to all of these problems. Yes, I share with them about the relationship that they can have with God through the Lord Jesus Christ.

Yesterday over and over again I shared with couples the triangle illustration. In describing this to them I would put God up at the top of the triangle and I would put them at each of the bottom corners. And I shared that as they put God first in their lives and as they grew closer to God then they would grow closer and closer to each other.  

With others yesterday I shared that if they would just put God first in their lives then God would provide for them. He would provide for them what they needed.

I can share Luke 12:31 (Matthew 6:33) with confidence and with boldness because I know from personal experience that my God can and will meet everyone of his or her needs.

The Key for successful living in this difficult world is a right relationship with God! Yes, daily putting Him first!  And YES, I am talking to you.

Do you need to change the direction of your life? Getting back to church is a step in the right direction!

Making Jesus Christ the Number One Priority of your life = successful living!


Application


I will continue to encourage people to change the priority and direction of their lives. How about you? 


Prayer

Heavenly Father, I know that the principle found in Luke 12:31 and Matthew 6:33 is for all of us. When we put You first everything changes. Help anyone reading this blog today that is struggling with a relationship, with finances, with health issues, help them to put You first. Show them that they can trust in You.

I believe what You say in Luke 12:23-28

Jesus said, “That is why I tell you not to worry about everyday life—whether you have enough food to eat or enough clothes to wear. 23 For life is more than food, and your body more than clothing. 24 Look at the ravens. They don’t plant or harvest or store food in barns, for God feeds them. And you are far more valuable to him than any birds! 25 Can all your worries add a single moment to your life? 26 And if worry can’t accomplish a little thing like that, what’s the use of worrying over bigger things?

27 “Look at the lilies and how they grow. They don’t work or make their clothing, yet Solomon in all his glory was not dressed as beautifully as they are. 28 And if God cares so wonderfully for flowers that are here today and thrown into the fire tomorrow, he will certainly care for you. 

And Heavenly Father, thank You for the safe delivery into this world of Mason Coogle! Thank You that Mom and Dad, Jamie and Doug are also doing fine. We praise You for this wonderful gift. We know that every child is a gift from You!

Daily Bible Reading:  Zechariah 4,5,6; Luke 12



Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: