Saturday, September 26, 2015

I Am Counting On The LORD; Yes, I Am Counting On Him. I Have Put My Hope In His Word.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

I Am Counting On The LORD;
Yes, I Am Counting On Him.
I Have Put My Hope In His Word. 

We learned this past Wednesday from Pastor Bruce Moore and his wife Heather that our spouse is to complement our life but they were never intended to complete us. If you and I are looking to our spouse to complete us then we are sooner or later going to be disappointed they will never ever no not ever be able live up to or fulfill all of our expectations. They are not God.

Scripture

Psalm 130

I am counting on the Lord;
    yes, I am counting on him.
    I have put my hope in his word.

 
I long for the Lord
    more than sentries long for the dawn,
    yes, more than sentries long for the dawn.


Observation

We learned this past Wednesday from Pastor Bruce Moore and his wife Heather that our spouse is to complement our life but they were never intended to complete us. If you and I are looking to our spouse to complete us then we are sooner or later going to be disappointed they will never ever no not ever be able live up to or fulfill all of our expectations. They are not God. 

Are you struggling in your marriage or struggling with your significant other right now? 

Here is an idea for you to try. 

Put God totally first in your life. 

If you have never surrendered your life to the Lord Jesus Christ then that is the first step. Ask Jesus Christ to be Lord of your life. Ask Him to come into your life and ask Him to forgive you of all of your sins. Ask Jesus to meet the deep needs of your life. Ask Him to restore the broken relationship with your spouse or significant other. 

Then get yourself in church and everyday live for the Lord Jesus Christ. 

God can and will meet the deepest needs of your life. Your wife, husband, girlfriend, or boyfriend will never ever no not ever be able to do that for you. 

 Application

I will strongly encourage people to put the Lord first in their lives and I will unashamedly tell them that they need to be in church. How about you?

Prayer

From the depths of despair, O Lord, I call for your help. Hear my cry, O Lord. Pay attention to my prayer. Lord, if you kept a record of our sins, who, O Lord, could ever survive? But you offer forgiveness, that we might learn to fear you. I am counting on the Lord; yes, I am counting on him. I have put my hope in his word. I long for the Lord more than sentries long for the dawn, yes, more than sentries long for the dawn. Psalms 130:1-6



Daily Bible Reading:  Ezra 4; Psalms 113; Psalms 127; Luke 9; Psalms 126-130; Proverbs 26




Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: