Friday, September 25, 2015

The Right Word Spoken At The Right Time Is As Beautiful As Gold Apples In A Silver Bowl


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

The Right Word
Spoken At The Right Time
Is As Beautiful As Gold Apples In A Silver Bowl

I am sure that my parents must have given me some good advice before I married Kathy back when we were both 18 years old, but the advice I remember (advice that has shaped who we are) came from other adults that God placed in our lives after we were married and after we surrendered our lives to the Lord Jesus Christ.  It was the Sunday school teachers, Sunday school directors, Pastors, College and Seminary Professors, Missionary colleagues and many godly friends that spoke truth into our lives.

Scripture

Proverbs 25:11

11 Timely advice is lovely,
    like golden apples in a silver basket. NLT


11 The right word spoken at the right time is as beautiful as gold apples in a silver bowl. NCV

Observation

Advice!

When it comes at just the right time it is a beautiful thing!

It seems like that when I try to give advice to my kids the timing never seems right. Do you ever have that problem?

So I am praying that someone besides me will speak words of wisdom into my kids’ lives at just the right time!

I am sure that my parents must have given me some good advice before I married Kathy back when we were both 18 years old, but the advice I remember (advice that has shaped who we are) came from other adults that God placed in our lives after we were married and after we surrendered our lives to the Lord Jesus Christ. 

It was the Sunday school teachers, Sunday school directors, Pastors, College and Seminary Professors, Missionary colleagues and many godly friends that spoke truth into our lives.

I can also remember that at times I didn’t like the advice or counsel that these godly people shared with me because they were advising me to make corrections in my life.

God can surround us with godly people but you and I must have a teachable spirit or all of their advice will just be shared in vain. The writer of Proverbs has a name for people that refuse to accept godly counsel and godly advice. No, it is not the word “stupid”; it is even stronger than that … how about FOOL!


Application

I will strive to give godly advice and I will ask the Lord to give me a teachable spirit. How about you?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, I pray for my grown children. I pray that You bring godly people into their lives that will give them godly advice. Help them to have a teachable spirit. I pray the same thing for myself. 

I pray for young couples that we know who are trying to make their relationships work. Bring godly people into their lives that will give them godly advice just like You did for Kathy and I. 

We will be forever thankful for all the help that You sent our way. We didn’t deserve it. We didn’t even know that You were doing it. But we are so grateful for every person that You placed in our lives to keep us heading in the right direction.

Daily Bible Reading:  Ezra 2,3; Luke 8; Ps 120-125:




Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: