Saturday, September 12, 2015

My Heart Is Confident In You, O God; My Heart Is Confident.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

My Heart Is Confident In You,
O God;
My Heart Is Confident.

This past week we watched as a woman in Kentucky was thrown into jail because she wouldn’t approve same sex marriage licenses. She wouldn’t do it because to do so would violate what she believed God taught in His Word. No matter what you think about this lady and I know that she is not perfect.  I admire what she did.

Scripture

Psalm 57
My heart is confident in you, O God;
    my heart is confident.
    No wonder I can sing your praises!


Daniel 3

16 Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego replied, “O Nebuchadnezzar, we do not need to defend ourselves before you. 17 If we are thrown into the blazing furnace, the God whom we serve is able to save us. He will rescue us from your power, Your Majesty. 18 But even if he doesn’t, we want to make it clear to you, Your Majesty, that we will never serve your gods or worship the gold statue you have set up.”

Observation

This past week we watched as a woman in Kentucky was thrown into jail because she wouldn’t approve same sex marriage licenses. She wouldn’t do it because to do so would violate what she believed God taught in His Word. No matter what you think about this lady and I know that she is not perfect.  I admire what she did.

So many Christians in our country are now being placed in situations similar to what Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego faced.

One day in the not too distant future I believe that pastors will also be thrown into jail as they preach God’s word about what the Bible says about marriage. It is only a matter of time.

You may criticize this woman in Kentucky for what she did. You might say as many are saying that she should have just quit her position as a way of opposing or disagreeing with this new law. And I am sure that this lady is not going to do everything right after taking her stand, (she is a sinner just like you and I are) but at least she took a stand.

I personally hope that if I were ever placed in a position similar to this Kentucky clerk I would have enough courage to do the same thing.


Application

My heart is confident in You, O God! My heart is confident. How about Yours? 

Prayer

Heavenly Father, give me the courage and the confidence of Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego, King David, and this lady in Kentucky. I pray for Christians across our land that are being placed in positions where they have to quit their jobs or they have to take a stand. Raise up godly people in our country that will move us back under Your protection and under Your hand of mercy. Raise up some Daniels. Raise up some Shadrachs, Meshachs, and Abednegos across our land.



Daily Bible Reading: Daniel 3,4; Psalms 81; Revelation 17; Psalms 57-61




Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: