Wednesday, September 23, 2015

A Tree Is Identified By Its Fruit


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

A Tree
Is Identified
By Its Fruit

It is interesting that when a Christian decides to disregard godly counsel and when he or she makes the decision to reject the godly counsel and continue in a particular sin it is so very easy for that person to quote Luke 6:37 “Do not judge others, and you will not be judged. Do not condemn others, or it will all come back against you.” It is true that we are not to judge and condemn. But it is also just as true that you and I are to help brothers and sisters in Christ when they get hoodwinked into sin and veer off God’s path.


Scripture

Luke 6

43 “A good tree can’t produce bad fruit, and a bad tree can’t produce good fruit. 44 A tree is identified by its fruit. Figs are never gathered from thornbushes, and grapes are not picked from bramble bushes. 45 A good person produces good things from the treasury of a good heart, and an evil person produces evil things from the treasury of an evil heart. What you say flows from what is in your heart.

Observation

Love your enemies. Don’t judge others. Why worry about a speck in your friend’s eye when you have a log in your eye? Luke 6 is loaded with great instruction for us to follow!

Even though we are not to judge or condemn others I think that you and I are encouraged by Jesus to be fruit inspectors!

It is interesting that when a Christian decides to disregard godly counsel and makes the decision to reject the godly counsel and continue in a particular sin it is so very easy for that person to quote Luke 6:37 “Do not judge others, and you will not be judged. Do not condemn others, or it will all come back against you.”

It is true that we are not to judge and condemn. But it is also just as true that you and I are to help brothers and sisters in Christ when they get hoodwinked into sin and veer off path.

19 My dear brothers and sisters, if someone among you wanders away from the truth and is brought back, 20 you can be sure that whoever brings the sinner back from wandering will save that person from death and bring about the forgiveness of many sins. James 5:19-20
So let me offer yet another thought that comes from Luke 6 and might be as helpful for you and it has been for me when it comes to helping other brothers and sisters in Christ.
You and I are not to condemn but we are supposed to inspect! “A tree is identified by its fruit! You are I are supposed to be “fruit inspectors”. Luke 6:44

If you have rejected godly counsel and if you are now trying to shield yourself by saying that they (whoever “they” might be) are just being judgmental maybe just maybe you ought to revisit God’s Word and reexamine the direction of your life.

Application

I will continue to help brothers and sisters when I see them making ungodly decisions. And if they reject my counsel I will continue to pray for them and love them. How about you?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, You know how sad it makes me when a friend decides to continue to live in sin even when they know that what they are doing is contrary to Your word. When they reject me and reject all attempts to turn them away from the ungodly direction that they are heading help me to remember to pray for them. Help me not to be judgmental, but help me to be a good fruit inspector. Fill me with Your love for people and give me compassion for them. I know that I am a sinner and that I am capable of doing exactly what I am encouraging them to turn away from. Guard my heart Lord. I know that what I say and what I do come from my heart.


Daily Bible Reading: Daniel 11,12; Luke 6




Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: