Thursday, September 10, 2015

When The Storms Of Life Come, The Wicked Are Whirled Away, But The Godly Have A Lasting Foundation.


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

When The Storms Of Life Come,
The Wicked Are Whirled Away,
But The Godly Have A Lasting Foundation.

Kathy and I have prayed for many of you this past week that have been going through difficult times. For some of you it has been a critically ill loved one that you have watched pass from this life into the next. For some others it has been the challenge of marriage and relationships. Storms of life will come so let us prepare for them by being in God’s Word and let Jesus Christ be our firm foundation!

Scripture

Proverbs 10

25 When the storms of life come, the wicked are whirled away,
    but the godly have a lasting foundation.


Observation

When the storms of life come, it is not if they come, but when they come! If you are not in a storm right now, or if you have not just passed through a storm, well guess what? You have a storm heading your way.

Kathy and I have prayed for many of you this past week that have been going through difficult times. For some of you it has been a critically ill loved one that you have watched pass from this life into the next. For some others it has been the challenge of marriage and relationships.

Storms of life will come so let us prepare for them by being in God’s Word and let Jesus Christ be our firm foundation!

Let Him be the firm anchor for our souls!


    "I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world." John 16:33

Jesus said in Matthew 7:

24 “All who listen to my instructions and follow them are wise, like a man who builds his house on solid rock. 25 Though the rain comes in torrents, and the floods rise and the storm winds beat against his house, it won’t collapse, for it is built on rock.

In my desperation I prayed, and the Lord listened; he saved me from all my troubles. Psalm 34:6

Application

My anchor holds! How about yours?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, I pray for those who are going through a very difficult time right now. You are the God of all comfort and all compassion and I pray that You comfort those going through a time of loss. Be with those who are having challenges in their marriages. Help them to stay in their marriage and help them fight for their marriage and not give up. Don’t let the enemy trick them into quitting. You are my Anchor. You are my Strength. I will trust in You when the storms of life come my way. 



Daily Bible Reading: Lamentations 3,4,5; Revelation 15; Psalms 47-51; Proverbs 10


Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: